The sustainability report you are reading presents the social, environmental and economic performance of the Enea Group for the period from 1 January 2017 to 31 December 2017. The Group reports on an annual basis. Its previous report concerned the year 2016.
The report covers all the companies comprising the Enea Capital Group, with the exception of:
- the companies belonging to the Enea Capital Group that are members of LW Bogdanka. LW Bogdanka reports on sustainability issues separately.
- the companies employing at the end of 2017 fewer than 10 persons: Enea Innovation Sp. z o.o. and Enea Badania i Rozwój Sp. z o.o. These companies were in 2017 at the stage of preparation for the commencement of operations.
In addition, non-financial data covering all companies of the Enea Capital Group, including companies not included in this report, have been reported in the Statement on non-financial information of the Enea Capital Group, which constitutes a separate part of the Report on the activities of the Management Board of Enea SA and the Enea Group for the year 2017.
The report was prepared in accordance with the guidelines of the latest version of the international standard Global Reporting Initiative: GRI Standards, at the CORE application level. It was not subject to additional external verification.
The report presents important aspects of sustainable development reporting, i.e. the most important impact of the company on its environment. These are defined in previous reporting processes and reviewed in the year 2018. In preparation for the review of the reporting aspects, a stakeholder survey was carried out.
Aspects of reporting considered most relevant:
- Ensuring continuity of energy supply (including care for infrastructure)
- Customer satisfaction (including communication channels and customer satisfaction/opinion surveys, complaint policy)
- Investments and their impact on the environment
- Water – caring for water resources
- Occupational safety and health
- Employment – scale and conditions of employment
- Compliance – compliance with laws and regulations
- Tackling the generation gap
All these aspects of reporting affect both the Enea Capital Group and its environment and key stakeholders.
The report for 2017 contains information on the Enea Capital Group, which was joined in March 2017 by a new company from the Production Area: Enea Połaniec. The data concerning this company have a significant impact, inter alia, on the environmental results as well as on the scale of employment reported for 2017.
This year’s report does not include any other significant changes in the scope, scope or methods of measurement as compared to the report for the previous year, nor any corrections to the information contained in the previous report.