A key measure to ensure the reliability of power supply is the Programme for the Improvement of Network Operating Reliability and continuity of power supply at Enea Operator. The following activities, inter alia, are carried out under this programme:
- Modernisation of MV section lines in the scope of comprehensive modernisation of entire line sections including installation of remote-controlled connectors,
- Automation of the power distribution network with regard to the installation of remote-controlled switches in MV overhead lines and transformer stations and the modernisation of field controllers and concentrators,
- Elimination of short-circuit hazards in the MV network, aimed at increasing the cross-sections of MV line outputs from the GPZ, which will consequently increase the reliability of supply to Customers,
- Replacement of non-networked MV cables with cables with cross-linked PE insulation.
In 2017, we completed the process of detailed inventory of network facilities and their parameters, the purpose of which was to create the Network Information System. This system will enable the collected data to be effectively used in the operating activities of Enea Operator.
We have made an inventory of:
- 15 452 cubic stations
- 20 593 pole stations
- 65 474 km of low voltage (lv) lines
- 45 862 km of medium voltage (MV) lines
- 5 168 km of high voltage (HV) lines
More detailed information about investments in the network can be found HERE.