Enea Wytwarzanie has an integrated quality, environmental and occupational health and safety management policy in place that complies with the requirements of the following standards:
- PN-EN ISO 9001 – Quality management systems
- PN-EN ISO 14001 – Environmental management systems
- PN-N-18001 – Occupational health and safety management systems
- OHSAS 18001 – Occupational health and safety management systems
The compliance of the system with the requirements of the standards was confirmed by appropriate
certificates issued by an independent certification body of management systems based on a positive audit result.
In accordance with this policy, we set goals, set strategic directions of development, implement processes related to environmental protection at the highest level, and also ensure compliance with the applicable legal regulations.
We place emphasis on implementing the most effective solutions in the Manufacturing Area, which is responsible for most of our environmental impact. Enea Wytwarzanie has implemented a number of additional procedures and instructions regulating the monitoring of environmental impact, supervision of legal requirements, identification, assessment and management of environmental aspects.
These include, but are not limited to:
- Procedure: Management review, analysis and improvement
- Procedure: Identification and assessment of environmental aspects
- Procedure: Environmental monitoring
- Procedure: Identification of potential accidents and emergency situations and response in the event of their occurrence in Enea Wytwarzanie sp. z o.o. – location: Świerże Górne
- Procedure: Identification of hazards and determination of responses to environmental accidents at the Białystok Heat and Power Generating Plant
- Procedure: Preventing and reducing the environmental impact of emergency situations at the Białystok Heat and Power Generating Plant
- Plant’s major-accident prevention policy
- Major industrial accident prevention programme
- Emergency plan in case of danger to life and health of persons, property or the environment in Enea Wytwarzanie sp. z o.o. in Świerże Górne
- Procedure: Risk management in the process of monitoring CO2 emissions in Enea Wytwarzanie sp. z o.o. – location: Świerże Górne
- Procedure: Pp-5.5 monitoring of CO2 emissions at the Białystok Combined Heat and Power Plant
- Environmental monitoring of the open water cooling system in Enea Wytwarzanie sp. z o.o. – location: Świerże Górne
- Principles of management of trees and shrubs intended for felling in Enea Wytwarzanie sp. z o.o. – location: Świerże Górne
- Waste management principles in Enea Wytwarzanie sp. z o.o. – location: Świerże Górne
- Waste Management Manual at the Białystok Heat and Power Generating Plant
- Waste management manual at Enea Wytwarzanie sp. z o.o. – RES segment
- Water management manual for the cascade of hydropower plants on the Brdo river (Koronowo, Tryszczyn, Smukała)
- Water management manual for hydroelectric power plants on the Vistula River (Żur and Gródek)
- Water management instructions for all hydroelectric power stations on the Reda River
- Water management manual for the Oborniki Hydroelectric Power Plant
Enea Operator implements the following policies and procedures in the Distribution Area:
- Company Environmental Pollution Bank (Polish: Zakładowy Bank Zanieczyszczeń Środowiska ZBŚŚ) SOZAT
- Procedure for fulfilling obligations towards entities financing investments of Enea Operator sp. z o.o.
- Procedure for recording electrical equipment containing at least 3 kg of SF6 gas and associated operation
In 2017, there were no significant fines or non-financial sanctions imposed for non-compliance with environmental laws and regulations. The only marginal incident was the additional fee in Enea Ciepło for exceeding the conditions for entering industrial wastewater into the sewer network in the amount of PLN 1 700.60.